Sunday, February 22, 2009

You can call me Al...


Satchmo is an old nickname bestowed on me by my college buddies.  It gained initial fame as a nickname as Louis Armstrong's nickname due to his embouchure.  While I do have a big mouth, I'd like to think the reason I got mine was more because "Satchmo" was a riff on my actual name, Sacha.
Later on through a series of events I ended up with my most recent nickname, Ken Pants.  My buddy Shane would call me Sachie- Pants, was then just shortened to Pants.  Then one day in Las Vegas, we were lounging around the pool and Jamie was urging all of us to come up with our Napoleon Dynamite names as she really liked the concept of Ligers.  We decided that I was a koala since I loved hugs, and a hen since I tended to "mother" everyone. Koala + Hen= Ken.  So Ken Pants it is.  And that's why.  Just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment